Part of meta-issue
Due towe need a roadmap for making possible twig as main template engine for Drupal 8
Drupal 7s theme layer is riddled with complexity, and though you can do almost anything with it, it's nearly incomprehensible to new people. In Drupal 8 we would like to improve the theme layer by replacing the PHPTemplate theme engine with Twig. While we are looking all the markup that comes out of Drupal core, we are also going to review it for consistency to assure that the markup we get is the markup we expect.
- Fixed related issues
- Fix blocking issues:
- Reduce the number of template files by consolidating similar uses.
- Replace all existing template files in core with Twig versions
- Replace all existing theme functions in core with Twig templates and preprocess functions
- - as good example for how-to
- point to comment
- Write summary for http://groups.drupal.org/node/234783 post
The main sandbox to work from is This one
Drupal Munich code sprint http://groups.drupal.org/node/250423
Non twig issues during sprint