What is NDDT (NetBeans Drupal Development Tool)?
From its github site:
NDDT is a module for the NetBeans IDE that aides in the development of Drupal module and theme development. It provides rapid access to all the core Drupal hooks and theme override functions.
Basic Things the NetBeans IDE Drupal Plugin provides
Quickly Stub-Out Blank Module and Theme folders and files
To stub out blank module or theme folders and files under the "custom" folder:
- Open the NetBeans Projects pane and right-click on the sites/all/modules/custom folder
- Select New > Other > PHP > Drupal Module (or Drupal Theme)
- Fill out the module name
- Observe that the plugin will create a subfolder where specified, appropriately-named files, and open the files in NetBeans IDE editor for you
Drupal Code Completion
- Theme hooks
- Module hooks
Where to get the NetBeans IDE Plugins for Drupal
There exist both Drupal 6.x and 7.x plugins for NetBeans. For the Drupal 7 NetBeans plugin, visit the plugin developer's git-hub project page:
and follow installations directions in the README on that project page.
with extensive documentation here:
Read about it there (and post back here, why not ;))
The Drupal 6 version should show in the Netbeans "Available Plugins" index within the IDE plugins utility.
NetBeans Drupal 7.x Plugin Demo Screencast
There is also a comprehensive screencast by its author here:
Screencast Table of Contents
- 01:21 - How to get the raw .nbm file from github and installing downloaded netbeans modules
- 04:30 - Showing code-completion in action (index.php? Really?? .. *sigh* ;)
- 07:59 - Create module files and stub code with Create New File of type Module
- 10:30 - Quickly find hooks and API documentation
- 16:30 - Some cool under-the-hood workings