Voting starts in March for the Drupal Association Board election.
Fourth alpha release of the Edit module!
In-Place Editing for fields as demonstrated in the Spark in-line editing prototype video.
Currently, you can use it with most of Drupal core's fields. It should work in most themes, but it has only been tested with Drupal core themes so far. We now also have WYSIWYG editing! We have image captions, and image caption/alignment through the WYSIWYG editor. It should work relatively well on mobile devices. It's not yet perfect, but it's working solidly. We welcome your feedback (and patches ;))!
The easiest way to test this, is by downloading & installing Spark alpha 5!
The Spark Team.
- Much more solid WYSIWYG (lots of upstream fixes)
- Custom UI for Aloha Editor (our WYSIWYG editor)
- Integration with the Navbar module instead of core's Toolbar module — this also gives us a fancier/more usable view/edit toggle
- Use of the Icon fonts module, because icon fonts rock (and scale well to mobile devices and retina displays)
- Temporarily includes a custom build of Aloha Editor. See and later for more information.
- Support for *any* field and *any* widget, currently limited to (most, not all) core fields.
- Boatloads of missing features in WYSIWYG terms: WYSIWYG on the back-end, ability to insert images, etc.
- Ability to save all changes you're making in Edit mode in a single draft revision which can be published using a "Publish" button in the toolbar.
- Editing on the back-end
- Requires Drupal 7.15.
- Requires jQuery 1.7 (through the jQuery Update module, version 2.x-dev) if you want to use WYSIWYG editing.
- Plenty of rough edges!