✓ scalability issues have been fixed (The entire rendering process has been rewritten to use the Forms API, which required backporting features available only in Drupal 6. The CSS and JS have been rewritten almost completely as a result of this.)
✓ perfect graceful degradation (Compare JS enabled VS JS disabled. This is actually just a byproduct of the above change.)
✓ ability to create new items in the hierarchy
✓ more granular control over Views exposed filters (for both the Taxonomy and Content Taxonomy implementations)
✓ Hierarchical Select for menu parent selection
✓ enhanced configuration form (more intuitive, and with a preview)
✓ abstracted configuration form, to prevent duplicate form code for multiple modules
✓ overview of all Hierarchical Select form item configuration forms
✓ display number of matching nodes
✓ actual CCK widget for content_taxonomy (already takes advantage of the abstracted configuration form)
✓ Views exposed Taxonomy filters: supporting the **ALL** option
✓ remove dependency on jQuery Interface
✓ if available, use HTML 5 client-side database storage to reduce the number of queries to the server
I've been adding new features in almost every beta/RC. Not anymore now.
There's one known issue in this release. The reason it's not fixed yet: I've not yet been able to reproduce it.
- JS-enhanced Hierarchical Select settings form on the Vocabulary settings form
- New: Level label support when enforce_deepest is enabled; level labels will only be allowed in the root level.
- Smarter default settings for #required and #multiple for the exposed filter overriding.
- New: ability to set a root level label when enforce_deepest is enabled.
- Improvement: more consistent use of the "" option, available when: optional, or enforce_deepest is enabled, or multiple select is active and at least one item is selected.
- Improvement: the "" option is now automatically selected as soon as at least one item has been added to the dropbox (even if it's a required form item) – this required changes in the client-server interaction.
- Improvement: more reliable lineage reconstruction algorithm when save_lineage is enabled.
- Improvement: all_option setting now only has effect when multiple select is enabled (minor).
- Improved: Made selection of value 'label_X' trigger similar events as 'all' value: no server query required!
- Fixed: the select items of the current HS aren't disabled when it's waiting for a server response.
- #212528: Weight of vocabulary has disappeared from the form
- #212052: When dropbox limit is reached: display warning, disable hierarchical select
- Feature: support for subscriptions_taxonomy module.
- #210061: Ability to specify the maximal number of selected items
- #211422: Disable form submit until AHAH has completed
- #208782: Level label styles
- #189363: Ability to set a site-wide animation delay
- Follow-up for #211422: changed a test to fix Firefox compatibility
- #205299: Hierarchical Select not working due to customized Taxonomy module weight
- #205123: Better default theme
- Only prepend a "none" option to the root level if the form item is optional AND (this is new) if the "enforce deepest" option is enabled.
- Documented special values.
- #205341: Selection lost on preview
- #206598: Incompatible with Content Taxonomy.
- Dropbox title not being passed through, thus is reverting to default title after a dropbox entry was added/removed.
- Added the ability to have an optional hierarchical_select form item, and immediately added support for this in the taxonomy hierarchical select rendering function. (#173052)
- Fixed #181701: Hierarchical Select fails to update when the server doesn't support clean urls
- Fixed #178748: On submit if the form has validation errors then the select box selects the default category.
- #173599 by sicjoy: empty menu item added.
- Fixed #173538: When submitting a form without changing a hierarchical select's selection, the default value doesn't get saved.
- Fixed a typo.
- Fixed 2 incorrect checks, which prevented content_taxonomy fields inside field groups from being detected.