Voting starts in March for the Drupal Association Board election.
While some of the UI is still rough around the edges, this release of the Send API includes all of the intended features for this module. An upgrade to this version is strongly recommended for all D6 users of Send.
- The now-functional Send Track module includes reporting for open rate, click through and total message counts. This will work for any mailing (e.g. "Send to Friend") but is designed for use with the News module in mind.
- Provide a hook system for third-party modules to define other trackables for Send Track (opt-out, for example, or commerce totals, etc.)
- Provide Views support for trackables.
- Ensure that the Send to Friend stuff is working in light of all these changes.
- Alternative form elements, for example a multiple recipient block, have been correctly set up for use. UI still pending
- Refactored token handling so that any global token and/or node-specific tokens can be used in message subject and body content.
- Lots of coder fixes and E_ALL notices
- Provide two different message composition screens: a more configurable version for use with the News module, and a stripped-down version that's more appropriate for "Send to friend".
- Eliminate the confusing "Send API" form the overall menu system. Provide "top-level" pages for editing message templates and other settings.