Voting starts in March for the Drupal Association Board election.
Second alpha release of the Edit module!
In-Place Editing for fields as demonstrated in the Spark in-line editing prototype video.
Currently, you can use it with most of Drupal core's fields. It should work in most themes, but it has only been tested with Drupal core themes so far. We now also have WYSIWYG editing! We have image captions, and image caption/alignment through the WYSIWYG editor. It should work relatively well on mobile devices. It's not yet perfect, but it's working solidly. We welcome your feedback (and patches ;))!
The easiest way to test this, is by downloading & installing Spark alpha 3!
The Spark Team.
- WYSIWYG editing through Aloha Editor!
- In-place editing of file & image fields — even FileField Sources works!
- Supports jQuery 1.7.
- Nicer styling.
- Now works well on Firefox as well (we worked around a critical Firefox CSS bug).
- Support for *any* field and *any* widget, currently limited to (most, not all) core fields.
- Boatloads of missing features in WYSIWYG terms: WYSIWYG on the back-end, ability to insert images, etc.
- Ability to save all changes you're making in Edit mode in a single draft revision which can be published using a "Publish" button in the toolbar.
- Final WYSIWYG UI, being worked on: .
- Fancy/more usable view/edit mode toggle: .
- Requires Drupal 7.15, or <7.15 plus a bugfix for Bartik if you want to use it for in-place editing of Taxonomy terms: .
- When you want to use WYSIWYG editing: 1) apply this core patch:
, 2) download Aloha Editor using
- Requires jQuery 1.7 (through the jQuery Update module, version 2.x-dev) if you want to use WYSIWYG editing.
- Alters the toolbar/shortcut module; leverages the shortcut drawer of the toolbar for toggling between view and edit mode.
- Plenty of rough edges!