Voting starts in March for the Drupal Association Board election.
Rädda Barnens Ungdomsförbund (RBUF) is the youth association of Rädda Barnen (Save the Children). They are not tied to any political party, and they focus on children and young people's rights.
RBUF's previous website was outdated in terms of both technology and design, and they needed a website that is easy to update and meets their communication needs. They wanted a more modern website with calendar, local group pages, news, blog and campaigns.
Rabash has been building Drupal sites for more than four years, and it is usually our CMS of choice because of its stability, flexibility and many community modules.
For this project, we chose Drupal 7 because of its flexibility in terms of content types, user permissions and easy to learn and user friendly interface.
We strive to make our sites as accessible and search engine optimized as possible, and Drupal 7 makes our work easier.
Our goal was to create a website that attracts and engages the visitors in RBUF's different campaigns and happenings.
- Blog. Moving RBUF's current blog at Blogspot and integrating it with Drupal and the rest of the site.
- Local groups and members. RBUF have local groups in some of the cities in Sweden. The groups have their own presentation site and the ability to add their own news and events.
- Campaigns. Campaigns are a vital part of RBUF. They have a number of constant campaigns and one big campaign that changes every other year. Their main campaign should get some extra attention on the website
- Intranet. A small intranet were members can upload and share documents were needed.
- Disqus Comments. Disqus are used for comments, to engange visitors and take advantage of Disqus' integration with social networks such as Facebook and Twitter.
Rabash were able to create a website that met the project requirements. The new RBUF.se is better suited for the organizations needs, and it is much easier to maintain with Drupal 7.