Drupal Association members fund grants that make connections all over the world.
The module now supports any entity and any view mode.
There are some restrictions to this:
- Entities must directly or indirectly define entity_url() and entity_label() callbacks. Within core, this is limited to:
Nodes, Users, Terms and Comments.
- Entities must support more than these view modes: full, search_index, token. This means that only nodes will have support by default as these also have the rss, teaser and search_results view modes.
- Full (full) or default view modes can never have a read more link. This would be where the link goes to anyway!
- There are a small number of excluded view modes:
- Full: No point linking to itself...
- Search Index: This should reflect the full view mode and is only seen internally.
- Token: Custom mode for token generation
- Diff 7.x-3.x view modes: Comparisons shouldn't have links
Customizations of the Read more link itself is now included, and most (if not all) text based options include token support.
Settings are defined per supported entity in the entity display settings or (better) done globally per entity type @ admin > configuration > content authoring > read more control
To gain additional view modes, Entity view modes works well, but it does currently require a manual menu flush after adding the view mode or this patch:
This release candidate relies on the update scripts released 27th July, 2012 to clear the caches when the users ran update.php