The built-in language list for Drupal 8 is in http://api.drupal.org/api/drupal/core%21includes%21standard.inc/function.... As we discussed in the last update patch for it (http://drupal.org/node/1295696#comment-5143816), we want to convert this to CMI storage and eventually keep it up to date from localize.drupal.org. The initial version can be generated based on languages from localize.drupal.org and then updated from there. So sounds like tasks here would be:
1. Figure out a CMI (currently YAML) format for this.
2. Generate a file of that format on localize.drupal.org.
3. Use that script to generate a shipped file for Drupal 8.
4. Replace the current core list with the config file based implementation.
5. Work on actually updating the shipped list from localize.drupal.org in a followup, NOT in this issue.
PASSED: [[SimpleTest]]: [MySQL] 36,910 pass(es). View
FAILED: [[SimpleTest]]: [MySQL] Failed to run tests: PHP Fatal error encountered during run_tests.sh. See review log for details.. View
PASSED: [[SimpleTest]]: [MySQL] 36,849 pass(es). View