Using the latest dev version of Commerce Paypal, enabling both the Views and Commerce Paypal WPS modules causes an error every time the caches are flushed.

I've confirmed this error happens on a blank installation od Drupal 7.14, with only the required modules for Views/Commerce Paypal WPS enabled.

The error (without the mile long backtrace) looks like this:

PHP Fatal error: Maximum function nesting level of '100' reached, aborting!

I've narrowed down the problem to a call in commerce_paypal_wps_commerce_payment_method_info() (line 15 of commerce_paypal_wps.module):

$icons = commerce_paypal_icons();

Removing this line fixes the error (but obviously throws up a couple of warnings about uninitialised vars on the next two lines).

Is anyone else having this problem?


dhalbert’s picture

I don't see this exact problem, but I see that removing commerce_paypal_icons() as you did fixes the problem described in #1518452: Payment method display titles with theme functions initialize the wrong theme with modules that use entity_get_info() early in bootstrap. So whatever is wrong with commerce_paypal_icons() can manifest itself in different ways.

Amir Simantov’s picture

Priority: Normal » Major

Same here.

Also commented the following two lines in the said file (lines 16 and 17) in order to avoid the warnings. Also looked at at commerce_paypal_icons() which looks innocent...

Would like to know...

  1. how does this small thing broke it all down
  2. what is the connection to view module (also installed in my site)
  3. how can I be sure that enabling the modules made all necessary configuration before the crash


marcin.wosinek’s picture

I've got the same error. It seems that it's nothing connected with module, but with using XDebug. Solluction found here worked for me. In my case I've add "xdebug.max_nesting_level = 200" to php.ini.

marcin.wosinek’s picture

Status: Active » Closed (works as designed)

Closing as it's seems not to be connected to commerce_paypal.

clivelinsell’s picture

@marcin.wosinek Great catch, that fixed it for me too. Thanks a lot :)

killtheliterate’s picture

Seeing this issue as well, on each drush up. I find it unlikely that xDebug is the culprit, and is instead doing exactly what it is supposed to; showing a ridiculous recursion. Mine seems to end with the token module.


killtheliterate’s picture

Issue summary: View changes

clarified source of the error