Voting starts in March for the Drupal Association Board election.
People already in this issue queue have been really helpful in identifying some of these. Here's a canonical issue for keeping track of stuff we should research and consider bringing in:
- Panopoly: Distribution which includes tightly integrated + customized WYSIWYG editor + Panels/Panelizer/Panels Everywhere/Panels In-Place Editor/etc. out of the box.
- Aloha: Provides integration with Aloha Editor to support inline editing.
- Editable fields: Allows fields to be edited in place.
- Content Menu: Incorporates several improvements to menu management tools in Drupal, allowing content creation from the menu hierarchy. See video @ http://wunderkraut.com/en/blog/content-menu-module-%E2%80%93-menu-author...
- Draft: The Draft module provides the ability to create drafts of existing nodes as well as new nodes before you have saved them. D6 only; D7 patch at http://drupal.org/node/1120336#comment-5393522.
- Workbench, Workbench Moderation, Entity revision scheduling, Workflow, State Machine, Revisioning, Maestro are all projects in this general space. There is work going on to consolidate in http://groups.drupal.org/node/198188. Here's a write-up of what most of them do: http://groups.drupal.org/node/198223#comment-662173