Posted by sun on
- Confusion about current product/project phase.
- Too early or too late discussions on different topics/issues.
- No information on current and next steps anywhere.
- Do the right things at the right time.
- Ensure an open-minded design and development process, in which each step goes through proper evaluation of requirements, brainstorming and analysis, and community consensus.
- Channel discussions and contributions into currently active tasks.
- This roadmap is not set in stone and very open to improvements. Discuss!
- DONE: Research and define an initial high-level scope, target audience, and design parameters.
- DONE: Research and define a shortname and "brand" name for the product.
- DONE: Research and gather various real world use-cases that match the high-level design parameters.
- Research and analyze functionality and content requirements of gathered use-cases.
- Research and define the common denominator of requirements of all gathered use-cases.
- Setup and commit initial (empty) installation profile code and release packaging.
- Extract each high-level requirement into an own feature request issue.
Note: All issue titles should use the syntax "Feature: [feature-title]".
- Research and define user expectations and conceptual design details for each feature.
- Research available/possible technical solutions and define ideal technical implementation for each feature.
- Implement project dependencies and configuration for each feature, including automated integration tests.
- Setup and improve Portfolio project page and documentation.
- Publish initial release of Portfolio.
- Fix, complete, and improve project dependencies to improve user experience and match expectations.
- Regardless of what we'll actually do (or fail to do), the history and experience must be documented in