Download adaptivetheme-7.x-3.0-rc1.tar.gztar.gz 325.7 KB
MD5: 106c213a8e51bb091ed6f3a1e657482e
SHA-1: 0b9cc3919e599300358216edcece8fb08ba945ea
SHA-256: d123212c30e4d209ce0cda8fe5b8ab0c7586e8d2badd2eb9d25c6e34f5388e4b
Download adaptivetheme-7.x-3.0-rc1.zipzip 429.46 KB
MD5: da46cb020816be8a87547fa7d2becf19
SHA-1: ebc3fa60886b00c22375dd2cbc1e92464b0f8f23
SHA-256: 543f4da1005a690347cd87c8e9577d1eec7286c3bb42e061c89132f45893ff9e
Install with Composer: $ composer require 'drupal/adaptivetheme:^3.0'
Using Composer to manage Drupal site dependencies

Release info

Created by: Jeff Burnz
Created on: 3 May 2012 at 00:50 UTC
Last updated: 5 Dec 2013 at 21:43 UTC
Core compatibility: 7.x
Release type: New features, Bug fixes

Release notes

OK, this is it, the Release Candidate is a go!

From here on in new features will not be added, only bugs and minor tweaks will be applied, so we're really looking for those bugs or small oversights that may have occurred at some stage during dev, and we can only find those by actually using the theme in real everyday site and theme builds, so time to get hacking ;)

There were quite a few changes from beta1:

- Google fonts got a total overhaul. I was never really happy with it so when it was suggested we use a text field and allow users to just paste in the font name and make a few settings I jumped on it. Its now more flexible, faster and requires far less maintenance, and you are not held to the list the theme maintains, use any font the moment it gets released on Google. Its a win win and while a little harder to use, its just a lot better. #1534416: Use text input instead of select for Google fonts option

- Stylesheet load failure warning system. This was built to ease migration and deployment issues for large sites using GIT or other VCS that migrate on a daily basis from dev to staging etc but do not version control the files directory. This warnings tell the admin the theme settings must be re-saved to regenerate the CSS files: #1543990: Set message if generated files are missing, document file generation

- Old generated files are now removed, instead of saving them all.

- I changed some of the CSS in the Panels layouts to mitigate inheritance issues when layouts are nested, such as a display suite node inside a panels page etc. I ran into some nasty inheritance issues I had not accounted for, the fixes are quite minor and was nothing you need to even think about.

- Small tweaks to some of the three column panels layouts.

- Change to the commenting style in CSS files, I moved all the inline comments to above the declarations because the inline style caused a failure in TopStyle, and quite possibly this might happen in other CSS editors - the commenting style was an experiment I took from another project and did improve readability (the whole point of it), so what I have done is double space the declarations. I think this is just easier to read and scan quickly.

- Full cleanup of the SCSS files (again, could use one more iteration I think). The main changes here is reinstating the include custom to base.scss instead of @including custom in every scss file. I added a font stack and some other variables, and generally improved the config.rb and base.scss stuff.

- Quite a few small CSS tweaks, especially block margins (there was a bug: #1554144: Block class margin) and I tweaked up the form styles by removing some redundancies and strait out wrong stuff in the SCSS sass files.

So rock on, lets see if there are any more bugs hiding in there.


The selected release is the release that will be used for automated testing. Optional projects are only used for testing.


No required projects


No optional projects