- Portfolio is the first product based on Drupal that is transparently designed and developed in the open, within the community.
- Portfolio's long-term goal is to serve as a concrete alternative to download instead of Drupal core, in order to provide a solution for a specific use-case. (#1260214: Choose your Drupal)
(see Background below for further reading)
- Portfolio is moving very slowly, despite lots of interest everywhere.
- The lack of a usable product blocks the underlying processes and Drupal community shift towards a new understanding of the Drupal core product.
- Introduce a project manager to push the project forward.
- Publish the first Portfolio product release in Q3 2012.
- Portfolio requires the very same management, organization, structure, and skill that is required for building any other Drupal site.
- The only difference is that Portfolio is not a one-time project that results in one site, but a permanent product that results in thousands of sites.
- The project has designers, usability experts, and developers, who love to contribute.
- There is also a primary project maintainer (currently @sun), who's able to provide vision and direction, and act as product manager, but has many other voluntary duties within the Drupal project.
- Progress on the effort is hindered, because there is no one who checks for the state of current tasks, coordinates contributor work, asks for deliverables, ensures a basic roadmap, and generally tries to push the project forward.
- Seek a project manager who would like to volunteer a few hours per week to
- check current state and progress of current tasks, and try to unblock them
- coordinate current and next steps with @sun and other contributors
- delegate work among contributors
- pull and loop in new contributors where necessary
- ensure that common project management tasks and best practices for Drupal-based projects are taken into account
- help to plan and coordinate sprints and meetings (if necessary)
- push forward public awareness and marketing
and who ideally
- is and works as a project manager in $dayjob
- has some vision and direction coming from a project management perspective on her/his own
- loves and knows how to work in an open community process (or would like to learn it)
- fluently speaks and writes English
- is able to work with drupal.org issues, IRC, and Skype
- wants to participate in one of the most important evolution milestones since Drupal's existence. :)