simplenews.module currently starts like this:
/** * @defgroup simplenews * Enable nodes to be used as newsletter, manage subscriptions and sent * email newsletter to subscribers. */ /** * @file * Simplenews node handling, sent email, newsletter block and general hooks * * @ingroup simplenews * @todo Where possible build re-usable functions wrapped around database calls. * @todo Consider context support for t(): * @todo Coding standards: type hinting * @todo Implement hook_requirements()?; * @todo Separate token function into simplenews.tokens.inc * @todo Consider using hook_hook_info() to move hooks out of .module. */
The initial @defgroup is not necessary. As for the @todo's:
- Check if there are remaining direct db_* uses in non API functions like forms, page callbacks and hook implementations. Check if we can move them into API functions.
- Haven't seen a need for t() context, remove that
- Coding standards have been cleaned up, type hinting doesn't make much sense until we have entity classes, remove.
- I don't know what we could possibly check in hook_requirements(), remove.
- Moving the token hooks makese sense.
- hook_hook_info() doesn't help us, we can only do it for our own hooks. Remove.