Drupal Association members fund grants that make connections all over the world.
- Advisory ID: DRUPAL-SA-CONTRIB-2012-061
- Project: Gigya - Social optimization (third-party module)
- Version: 6.x
- Date: 2012-April-18
- Security risk: Moderately critical
- Exploitable from: Remote
- Vulnerability: Cross Site Scripting
The Gigya - Social optimization module provides a single API that aggregates authentication and social APIs from Facebook Connect, MySpace ID, Twitter, and OpenID webmail providers including Google, Yahoo, and AOL.
The module doesn't sufficiently escape URL elements which are printed back to the user.
Drupal core is not affected. If you do not use the contributed Gigya - Social optimization module, there is nothing you need to do.
Install the latest version:
- If you use the Gigya module for Drupal 6.x, upgrade to Gigya 6.x-3.2
Also see the Gigya - Social optimization project page.
- Yaniv Aran-Shamir the module maintainer
- Matt Kleve of the Drupal Security Team
Contact and More Information
The Drupal security team can be reached at security at drupal.org or via the contact form at http://drupal.org/contact.