Voting starts in March for the Drupal Association Board election.
- Advisory ID: DRUPAL-SA-CONTRIB-2012-059
- Project: Autosave (third-party module)
- Version: 6.x, 7.x
- Date: 2012-April-11
- Security risk: Moderately critical
- Exploitable from: Remote
- Vulnerability: Cross Site Request Forgery
This module enables snapshots of your node edit form to be saved in the background while you are editing to help prevent the data from being lost.
The module doesn't sufficiently protect against a user being tricked into submitting saved results to a node.
- Autosave 6.x versions prior to 6.x-2.10
Drupal core is not affected. If you do not use the contributed Autosave module, there is nothing you need to do.
Install the latest version:
- If you use the Autosave module for Drupal 6.x, upgrade to Autosave 6.x-2.10
Also see the Autosave project page.
- Ryan Jud Hughes
Contact and More Information
The Drupal security team can be reached at security at drupal.org or via the contact form at http://drupal.org/contact.
Update: The title of original version of this advisory mis-categorized the vulnerability as a Cross Site Scripting vulnerability. As the body says, it is actually a Cross Site Request Forgery. The title was updated to reflect the actual type of issue.