Voting starts in March for the Drupal Association Board election.
Mojo is a starter theme geared towards advanced themers who want a solid
starting point without extraneous Drupal markup.
The main goals of the Mojo theme are:
- Be future friendly.
- Improve accessibility.
- Provide printer-friendly styles.
- Enhance the mobile experience.
- Optimize front-end performance.
- Use modern code: HTML5 and CSS3.
- Prune the excessive markup Drupal spits out by default.
Mojo is primarily a starter theme rather than a base theme. A starter theme is what you start with when creating a custom theme, and during development you can freely change anything within the theme because you’re not worried about keeping it compatible with the original starter theme. A base theme, on the other hand, is usually a static theme that you extend by creating a sub-theme of it, which inherits the markup, styles, and scripts of the base theme.