Drupal Association members fund grants that make connections all over the world.
- Advisory ID: DRUPAL-SA-CONTRIB-2012-049
- Project: ShareThis (third-party module)
- Version: 7.x
- Date: 2012-March-28
- Security risk: Moderately critical
- Exploitable from: Remote
- Vulnerability: Cross Site Scripting, Cross Site Request Forgery
The XSS issue is
The CSRF issue is
The ShareThis module allows you to display social networking tools to users.
The administration forms of the module do not properly use the Form API allowing a malicious user to inject unexpected settings, allowing for cross-site scripting attacks (XSS). Additionally, the module had an incomplete feature for updating these settings outside of the Form API which was vulnerable to a cross site request forgery attack.
This vulnerability is mitigated by the fact that an attacker must have a role with the permission "administer sharethis".
- ShareThis 7.x-2.x versions prior to 7.x-2.2.
Drupal core is not affected. If you do not use the contributed ShareThis module, there is nothing you need to do.
Install the latest version:
- If you use the ShareThis module for Drupal 7.x, upgrade to ShareThis 7.x-2.3
Also see the ShareThis project page.
Contact and More Information
The Drupal security team can be reached at security at drupal.org or via the contact form at http://drupal.org/contact.