Drupal Association members fund grants that make connections all over the world.
- Advisory ID: DRUPAL-SA-CONTRIB-2012-048
- Project: Contact Save (third-party module)
- Version: 6.x
- Date: 2012-March-28
- Security risk: Moderately critical
- Exploitable from: Remote
- Vulnerability: Cross Site Scripting
This module stores in the database all messages submitted through the core contact forms, and provides a way to respond to these messages through the website.
The module doesn't sufficiently filter user supplied text, leading to a cross-site scripting (XSS) vulnerability.
This vulnerability is mitigated by the fact that an attacker must have a role with either the "access site-wide contact form".
- Contact Save 6.x-1.x versions prior to 6.x-1.5.
Drupal core is not affected. If you do not use the contributed Contact Save module, there is nothing you need to do.
Install the latest version:
- If you use the Contact Save module for Drupal 6.x, upgrade to Contact Save 6.x-1.5.
Also see the Contact Save project page.
- Stella Power of the Drupal Security Team
- Joel Stein the module maintainer
Contact and More Information
The Drupal security team can be reached at security at drupal.org or via the contact form at http://drupal.org/contact.