Will the new language aware edit form (branch ml_edit_form) work with taxonomy autocomplete fields? What language will fuel the automplete field for a tagging vocabulary?
The i18n localize functionality (closest to entity translation imho) always shows the default language as does the master branch of entity_translation.
There are several options that would work for autocompleting and saving new terms.
- autocomplete only terms from the user selected language
- autocomplete terms from the user selected language and terms in default language if no translation is available
- autocomplete all terms in all languages
- save new terms in default language and translate them manually later
- save new terms in default language and user language and translate the default language terms manually later
- no creation of new terms
Option 3 for autocomplete and option 1 for saving seams as the safest bet and for a vacabularies without the possibility to create new terms would be so much more better then anything else that is available right now for drupal.
Autocomplete for localized terms in i18n wasn't implemented because the saving process is cumbersome and creates a lot of work. But without this feature assigning tags to content with autocomplete is very contraintuitive.
Will anything of the above be possible with the new interface?
|#11||1506054-autocomplete-create-inherit-language.patch||2.16 KB||Owen Barton|
PASSED: [[SimpleTest]]: [MySQL] 721 pass(es).
[ View ]