Drupal Association members fund grants that make connections all over the world.
Last updated June 24, 2015.
On this page:
- Skills needed
- Detailed steps
- Background and reference information
- Next steps: moving beyond this task
- Notes for reviewers
To get help completing this task, see the Getting help completing your task page.
Review a patch (software fix) for an issue in the Drupal Core project.
- Install Git on your computer, if it is not already installed. See the installing git page for more information.
- If you don't have a Drupal site to test on, set up a local server. You probably do not want to use a live, production web site for this task.
- Find issues for Drupal core.
- Use the advanced search to choose an issue marked "Needs Review" and tagged with the "Novice" tag.
- Review and test the patch, following the steps in the guide to Reviewing patches.
- Add a comment to the issue with your review.
Background and reference information
- Git handbook (Git is the version control system that the Drupal project uses)
- Drupal project coding standards
- Drupal project code documentation standards
Next steps: moving beyond this task
- Revise the patch to fix issues that you found.
- Review more issues in the Drupal Core project, following the same steps as above.
Notes for reviewers and mentors
Yes, you might be reviewing a review done by someone new to reviewing.
Specific to this task: