The goal of the new Drupal Case Studies community initative is to highlight outstanding implementations of Drupal.
Looking for feedback and suggestions on these proposed guidelines.
What to migrate
Existing case study or showcase items must meet the following guidelines to be migrated to the new case study content type.
Case Study Quality Guidelines
- Site must still be in Drupal
- Case study content must contain sufficient technical detail.
- Site must but still be actively updated
- Site has produced outstanding contributions to the Drupal community (e.g. new modules) or pushes the boundaries of design and interaction on a Drupal site
Step 1: Evaluate
Be critical! Only the best, most impressive sites should be migrated to case studies.
- Start at the deepest level and after the sprint, assign a group of sites to yourself by adding a comment to the appropriate migration issue.
- Look at the content. Does it meet the Quality Guidelines from above?
- Look at a site URL from the node and the source code. Is it a Drupal site? Does it look good? Is the content current? Is it still a positive example for the Drupal community?
If 1-3 above were all yes, go to step 2: migrate.
If no, go to the Cleanup section below.
Step 2: Migrate
- If 1-3 above were all yes, create a new case study.
- If the design has changed or there aren't any images, grab new screenshots, (see http://drupal.org/node/762 for guidance)
- Feel free to revise the contents to improve grammar, flow etc. follow the guidelines for content (http://drupal.org/style-guide/content)
- If you can't fill in a field leave it blank or if it's required, put n/a in it. We can evaluate those later.
- On save, the node will be published.
- Leave a comment in the appropriate issue with urls of old case study and new one which you created, so that migrated nodes could be unpublished
For migrated book pages - issue
For migrated forum posts - issue
If no, case study does not meets the Quality Guidelines:
- Add a comment to , listing node to be unpublished. Try to list several sites in a comment, to keep the list from getting too long! I will roll comments into the issue summary as needed.. OR
- Add a comment to , as author was contacted. While we don't want to make extra work for ourselves, if the site is awesome and the case study content is pretty good, but just missing a bit of detail, it might be a good idea to contact the author with the option to improve and migrate the content themselves. Note in comments if you did that. This ensures we've given authors adequate time to update their case study and migrate it to the new content type. Suggested template:
- A site admin will unpublish the node and redirect it to drupal.org/case-studies
Hello, your site showcase content at [link] has been identified for removal from drupal.org, during our cleanup the old case study content. If you would like to keep this, intending to need the quality guidelines [link] and be migrated to the new content type [link]. If you are not interested in updating this content, let us know. If we don't hear from you, the node will eventually be deleted.