Last updated May 29, 2014.
This is the current list of tasks that need to be written up and added to the New Contributors Tasks section.
If you have time to write documentation for one of the tasks in the list below:
- Verify that the task is not already in one of the sub-sections. If it already exists, remove it from this list by editing this page.
- If the task is not already written, follow the guidelines on http://drupal.org/node/1424502 and write it up.
- Remove the item from this list when it is finished, by editing this page.
Tasks that need to be written up:
- Report a bug you have found in Drupal core, or a contributed module or theme.
- Somewhat related, but probably a separate task: Report bad user interface text and suggest better text. Idea would be rewriting core or contrib UI strings for clarity and brevity. Especially overly wordy descriptions. Background information: http://groups.drupal.org/node/165659 and http://drupal.org/node/604342 ; follow-up: join http://groups.drupal.org/usability (and see links at the top there)
- Review a patch to identify UI/API changes (programmer)
- Improve the coding or documentation style in a patch (anyone can do this armed with basic patching skills, a halfway decent editor and/or dreditor, coder module, and 1354)
- Provide support in IRC (similar to http://drupal.org/node/1571438 but IRC not forums)
- Follow the needs screenshots tag and add screenshots where requested (and remove the tag where unnecessary)