Posted by yhager on
Last updated: January 26, 2012 - 08:55
View change notices for this release
- Image crop was refactored to be a field instance instead of widget for imagefield.
- Crop dimensions are stored in the field table instead of variable.
- Node revisions support added.
- Bug with file status fixed. Now cropped files are marked as permanent.
- Automatic gif images converting.
- Image path flush added after image re-crop
- Relational ratio options on the field settings form was added.
- hook_imagefield_crop_image_crop_updated hook was added, which notifies other modules when re-cropping was occurred, can be useful for clearing cache.
IMPORTANT: No upgrade path from version 7.x.-1.0
Features that could be added into next releases
- Support for filefield_path module.
- Multiple presets for one field. Very often we need to have different image formats for some site areas and most of the time theme(image_style) adjust image not very well. So I think it would be great to an ability to configure few presets like 4:3 and 16:9 and have something like tabs on the widget form, so that you can switch between them and crop different areas.
Release notes written by zhgenti, who made most of the work on this release
Official release from tag: