Drupal Association members fund grants that make connections all over the world.
Through a little trial and error I recently discovered how to add a YouTube video to a Drupal 7 site using a combination of the Media and Media: YouTube modules. I could not find any documentation or posts that documented the configuration and steps necessary to get these two modules to work together, so I've created this post in hopes of saving others a little time.
After you've installed both modules:
- Go to configuration > media > files types > manage file displays and select YouTube Video and YouTube Preview Image.
- Click Save configuration.
- Add the Multimedia Asset field to a content type (make sure you select Video and youtube:// YouTube videos).
- Ensure the format is set to Media under Manage Display.
- Create a node.
- Click Select media and make sure you select the Web tab.
- Paste in your YouTube URL.
- Save the node and enjoy.