Give the gift of Drupal. All merchandise is 50% off through 2016.
Use it as is, as a theme with simplistic/minimalistic design, or as a base theme for faster theme development.
Groundwork is a theme framework. It was built to help you design beautiful Drupal websites faster and more efficient. As its name implies, it's a groundwork which comes already with sensible generic style defaults, CSS browser hacks, collection of preset CSS classes and more. Because of Groundwork's basic generic style, you may also wish to use it as is, as a structured minimalistic theme.
Here are the key features of Groundwork:
- HTML 5
- Web accessibility optimized with ARIA roles
- 24-column grid system based on 960.gs
- Supports one, two, and three-column layouts
- 15 regions with a special "Aside" region visible only in nodes.
- Optimized typography for all standard elements
- Advanced Theme Settings
- Powerful layout engine provides unlimited layout possibilities
- CSS Reset
- Collection of preset CSS classes
- HTML5 polyfill to support older browsers
- Formalize: HTML5 ready, progressively enhanced, cross-browser forms
- Icons for common Drupal form fields such as search, username, and password fields.
- and many more.
Groundwork uses a 24-column grid system based on the 960.gs. Efficient layout options available give endless possibilities, which makes the Groundwork suite of themes extremely versatile. Customizing a website to specific layout and design is very easy.
Grid settings per block
Per block styling
The Groundwork theme framework supports 15 regions whereas the regions page_top,
page_bottom, and help are special hidden regions. The other 12 regions are
available to you for unlimited block placement and layout options. Note that the special Aside region is not visible in the image as it is only used in nodes.
(click image to enlarge)
The groundwork has already been laid. Reduce your custom theming time by using a theme framework with a powerful layout engine and sensible generic style defaults.
But Groundwork is not for everybody.
If you are a designer who wants to start everything from scratch, or you think this is too much, you may want to take a look at other great and powerful starter themes available here at drupal.org.
Development of the Groundwork project is sponsored by Noceda Media Lab.