The goals of the cleanup initiative are simple: we constantly add new features to core but we always finish them 80% before we have to eventually push core out the door for release. A cleanup initiative is focused on ensuring we complete the remaining tasks, unify core, and to make sure we're actually "eating our own dogfood" with our own APIs and features.
- Consistently use core api functions in all of core.
- Increase performance of core.
- Decouple all CRUD functions from the form system.
- Clean up the FormAPI.
- Clean up the Field API.
- Finish the Entity API.
- Improve the maintainability of the menu system - either through simplification or by attracting new contributors.
- Remove node-specific code from the menu system.
- Fix the node access system.
- Improve block module.
- Actually use UUIDs in core.
- Ensure core doesn't violate its own UI/UX guidelines.
Specific major or meta issues targeted
Issues are also tracked with the Cleanup Initiative tag.
Proposed release cycle