Give the gift of Drupal. All merchandise is 50% off through 2016.
This is a first effort at defining the use case of a Developer's portfolio site. I figured someone should do it. Hoping followup edits will clean out a couple places that encroach a bit too far into implementation, ran out of time tonight.
The main goals of the site would be to communicate:
- Share tips, tricks, and tech philosophy with people, and get refining feedback.
- Be a living CV, a core resume that might further be decorated with public activity via RSS feeds. (github, d.o, twitter)
- Advertise the technologies, projects, and websites you participate in.
- How to contact (and ideally hire) you.
The main types of content would be:
- Philosophical blog posts.
- Tip/Trick/Tutorial posts, with fancy syntax highlighting.
- Descriptions of each technology and project that has your participation, possibly with "sub" elements. (Drupal->Contrib modules)
- A professional bio (probably could be handled by the CV/resume plumbing being discussed at and )
- Syndicated event stream
A freelance developer might have a number of different technology stack stacks and open source technologies that they write about, will probably need to categorize posts by them to some degree.
Different technologies would probably not strictly define different sections of a site, but should have a landing page more interesting than a taxonomy listing.
is important to encourage people to take your ideas viral into their own overlapping social communities.
Each technology stack might be associated with one or more "Planet" aggregator, so a clean syndication tagging system is key for broad distribution.
Automatic tweet of posts you see as especially worth reading. (E.g., All "promoted" posts get auto-tweeted?)