Voting starts in March for the Drupal Association Board election.
Insert was written by Nate Haug. This Module made by Robots: http://www.lullabot.com
Insert module does not have any dependencies, but it won't do anything unless you have at least one File or Image field configured on your site. Both of these fields are provided by Drupal core.
- WYSIWYG module
1) Copy the insert folder to the modules folder in your installation. Usually this is sites/all/modules.
2) In your Drupal site, enable the module under Administer -> Modules (/admin/modules).
3) Add or configure a File or Image field under Administer -> Structure -> Content types -> [type] -> Manage Fields
(admin/structure/types/manage/[type]/fields). Once configuring a field, there is a new section in the Field options for "Insert". You can then configure the field to include an Insert button and what templates you would like to have.
4) Create a piece of content with the configured field. After uploading a file, an "Insert" button will appear. Click this button to send the file or image into the Body field.
Insert should work on multiple fields (the last field that was active will
receive the file), and with most popular WYSIWYG editors.
By default the path to the inserted file will be absolute, including the full domain name, such as http://www.example.com/sites/default/files/image.jpg. If you prefer relative paths, such as /sites/default/files/image.jpg, add the following variable to your settings.php file:
$conf['insert_absolute_paths'] = FALSE;
Insert can be configured to work with non-HTML filters like BBCode or Markdown. To do this, copy the template file you would like to change from the "templates" directory to your active theme's directory. Then empty your Drupal caches at admin/config/development/performance.
The Image templates may also be used per Image style. You can copy the image-insert-image.tpl.php file to your theme directory and then rename it to image-insert-image--[style-name].tpl.php, where [style-name] is the name of the Image style. Change underscores to hyphens in the style name.
Editing a content type
- Edit the content type.
- Add a field named
- Machine name:
- Allowed file extensions:
txt pdf svg png
- Insert These options allow the user to easily insert an HTML tags into text areas or WYSIWYG editors after uploading a file or image. The "Automatic" style will insert an <img> tag for images and a <a> tag for other files. Other styles may insert tags that may not match the file type.
Enable insert button
- Number of values:
- Machine name: