Voting starts in March for the Drupal Association Board election.
Alt and Title text that is entered is not carried over to the media [[...]] filter pattern and thus does not show up in the
<img> tag. This is a big problem for accessibility, and also for government sites, or other sites which require that.
The patch in #89 works and passes tests it applies to 7.x-2.x-dev.
It adds additional alt and title fields, with new help text, to the embedding form options section (where the "current format is" is set. Those fields get populated with the alt and title from the previous forms).
(The patch from #90 might apply to 7.x-1.2. It is similar to the patch from the duplicate issue which is reported to apply to 1.2.)
- (done/ongoing) update issue summary
- (done) steps to reproduce (see comment #95)
- (done) screenshots before (see screenshot 11. *no patch* in comment #95 and after (see screenshot 11. in #95, also see steps 13 and 15 in that comment)
- write tests (see comment #98 and http://drupal.org/node/1468170)
- (maybe) manual test for other kinds of media, like files or videos that these additions do not bother those types
- try patch from #90 and see if it applies to 7.x-1.2.
- decide if more manual testing is needed:
- manually test choosing the same image and re-using it in different content. See if it is possible to use different title/alts, while using the same image.
- manually test using an image field or a reference on the content
User interface changes
New help text and additional fields in a form, with values populated from other steps in the form.
No API changes.
Original report by @stella
I've read the documentation and looked at other similar reported issues, but can't seem to figure out how the hell to add alt or title attributes to an image uploaded via the WYSIWYG "media browser" button. Here's what I'm doing:
- Enabled media and media_internet modules
- Enabled the "media browser" button in my wysiwyg
- Enabled media input filter on the text format and ensured img tags weren't being stripped
- Created a new node of type "page".
- In the body field, clicked on the "media browser" button and uploaded an image from my local machine
- I then got the display size option but no place to add in alt or title text
- Saving the image then creates the media embed code but with the alt text attribute is empty
- Saving the node displays the image thumbnail, but again with no alt or title text.
I've seen suggestions elsewhere that I need to add an "alt" field to my "image" media field type, but having done that, nothing changed. I'm not embedding a previously uploaded image, nor do I have a media image field on any of my content types. I simply want to use the "media browser" to upload and embed images in textareas. However, the lack of alt and title attributes is preventing me from using this module at present.