With a clean Drupal 7.7 or 7.8 install, activate modules:
- Core > Content translation,
- Core > Locale,
- i18n > Synchronize translations (7.x-1.0 or 7.x-1.x-dev, including i18n dependencies),
- Other > Variable (7.x-1.1)

Add a second language (ie. Dutch) and set the 'Basic page' entity type to:
- Multilingual support: Enabled, with translation,
- Synchronize translations: Body.

Add content, a 'Basic page':
- Language: English,
- Title and body: some test values.

Now go edit this node again, navigate to the translate page and add a translation for the second language. You will go to a page like: http://yourwebsite/node/add/page?translation=1&target=nl

After changing both Title and Body and saving the changes, the only Drupal message you receive is:

Basic page PAGENAME has been updated.

Synchronization has not been executed! Both nodes have different bodies.

Every next time you go edit the page (no matter what language), go to the translate page and edit the other language's version, you go to a page like: http://yourwebsite/node/2/edit

After saving you receive the following Drupal messages:

One node translation has been synchronized.
Basic page PAGENAME has been updated.

Now the bodies of both nodes are the same! :-)


lmeurs’s picture

Version:7.x-1.x-dev» 7.x-1.1

I tried v7.x-1.1. but unfortunately nodes are still not synched after creating a translation. Only every next time when one of the nodes is saved, then the others get synched.

zilverdistel’s picture

We also had this issue. Attached is a patch which worked for us. Please test/review it.

Additionally, we had another issue, which we had to solve before this worked: The first synchronized image is created with language='und'. We added a patch for that issue in comment #2.

zilverdistel’s picture

Status:Active» Needs review
zilverdistel’s picture

Version:7.x-1.1» 7.x-1.x-dev

The patch is for the dev version. It will probably work on the 7.x-1.1 version too, though I haven't tested that.

Jose Reyero’s picture

Status:Needs review» Fixed

Yes, this makes sense.

Committed with some changes. Thanks.

Automatically closed -- issue fixed for 2 weeks with no activity.