Voting starts in March for the Drupal Association Board election.
The proposed Help/Curated Docs system we are building on
needs some editorial workflow control, as detailed at http://drupal.org/node/1095012#workflow
Find and/or build workflow solutions to satisfy the specifications at http://drupal.org/node/1095012#workflow
1. Review existing workflow modules that we might be able to use. Modules that need to be reviewed or considered:
- Text review http://drupal.org/project/trevi
- Workbench (family of modules) http://drupal.org/project/workbench - see comment #8 on this issue for some thoughts on this module
- Maestro http://drupal.org/project/maestro
- Organic Groups http://drupal.org/project/og -- I think that when Drupal.org gets ported to Drupal 7, part of the plan is to have each Project automatically be an Organic Group. Can we leverage OG to take care of Documentation workflow too?
- Other suggestions on http://groups.drupal.org/node/198188 -- feel free to add them to this list
2. Choose which modules to use (probably just as a framework or starting point).
3. Extend or configure these modules to fit the system's needs.
Original report by Sree
Research workflow modules and techniques, and create (probably) an add-on for the Workbench module that would accomplish the editorial/translation workflows we need for the official help site This is 1 of the focussed task in the improvements for Drupal 8.
Here I opened this thread to collect the opinions from everyone regarding this initiative.
We are currently exploring different options like workbench, workflow related modules, revisioning (as suggested by Alex) etc
We welcome more suggestions from everyone on the board here.