I have a development app using the developer server and everything works fine except the screenshot and logo defined in the manifest.app in my module. Those images don't come up. That is bc a url starting with '/' (local) is being passed to apps_retrieve_app_image(). Now first I am not sure why we are doing http requests to fetch and save those images locally. Personally I think you could just link the src of the image to the remote image path.

That being said I added a small patch where I force the url to be absolute. That fixes the issue for me, but that is just a suggestion. I am attaching this diff for reference

apps.manifest.patch.txt757 bytesdrupalninja99
Members fund testing for the Drupal project. Drupal Association Learn more


febbraro’s picture

Status: Active » Fixed

Thanks Jay, this is actually already fixed in git/dev release.


jec006’s picture

Status: Fixed » Active


Please take a look at the dev version of apps - I've fixed a few bugs in there that might help you - I believe this to be fixed in that version using a very similar approach.

The thought behind the http request is normally apps will just receive a manifest from the server and won't actually have the modules / apps locally, so it goes and fetches the images for each of the apps so you can see them before installing.

e2thex’s picture

Status: Active » Fixed

I think the status on this got change incorrectly

Status: Fixed » Closed (fixed)

Automatically closed -- issue fixed for 2 weeks with no activity.