Drupal Association members fund grants that make connections all over the world.
Unfortunately this issue has become a bit of a dumping ground for a variety of issues that people are seeing. I've made an attempt to answer some open questions and point folks to other issues that are likely related in comment 16: . If you find other things in this thread that seem to relate to an issue you're seeing, but don't see a related open ticket, please open a new one instead of adding more to this one.
With that, I'm closing this issue as cannot reproduce -- which is not to say that I don't believe these are real issues. This just isn't the place to solve them.
--- Begin original issue text ---
I've enabled field permissions and they are not working across the board. No matter what setting I make, users are restricted from editing fields. Users are also restricted from editing field even if I haven't activated field_permissions for that field yet.