Drupal Association members fund grants that make connections all over the world.
I just wanted to start an issue to talk about moving to Drupal 7. I don't have any experience yet with Drupal Commerce other than general exposure to its concepts, so if anyone has specific experience, please chime in. My initial random thoughts are as follows.
- I don' think we'll port Ubercart work to 7.x unless someone REALLY wants to help. Going forward, I'm seeing Ubercart as being deprecated in favor of Commerce, so we'll go 'ground up' for the 7.x/Commerce version
- The 'mark webform as paid' will be done with Rules (obviously not conditional actions). Rules has Features compatibility (I think) so we'd include this rule in our Feature rather than actually having it in the module.
- I don't believe webforms can use a Commerce product as a webform type. We'll need to wait and see how this pans out in the Webform module.
- All reporting, etc, for Commerce is now done with Views. That rocks and means we can easily add our paid status info as part of a view that it's creating
- Generally, this may become more and more of a Feature package than anything, which would be great...Our proprietary code should be able to shrink while our Feature grows
That's all I've got for now. Anyone have experience and want to chime in on how all this could/should work?