This includes a wealth of improvements and bug fixes since the last release, totaling almost 100 issues fixed and almost 300 new patches written in the past six months, and is a recommended update for all sites currently using the v7.x-6.x branch. As always, test the update on a copy of the site to confirm there are no unexpected changes.
Note: No update process is included for sites currently using 7.x-5.x releases, that will hopefully be included in the forthcoming 7.x-6.1 release.
Notable changes include:
- Downloading tweets that contain emoji will no longer break the module.
- There now exists a notion of a Twitter account being considered "global". When writing tweets via the Twitter Post submodule, a user may select from either global accounts or authenticated ones that they themselves have added to the site. Users may also no longer publish from an account that is not publish which they do not own. There are new options permissions involved in this, it is highly recommended to verify the site's configuration after updating to ensure everything is still working as intended.
- The tweet.tpl.php template has been renamed to twitter_status.tpl.php; this will require sites to manually update any customizations they had done.
- Images embedded in tweets will now be displayed.
- A new text filter was added that allows embedding tweets by simply pasting the full URL of a single tweet.
- Improved error handling when API calls fail.
- Many bug fixes.
Last updated: August 30, 2015 - 09:58
Official release from tag: