Drupal Version 7.x
Create Basic Group (the container)
- Install Organic Groups and Enable Modules "Organic Groups", "Organic Groups Context", "Organic Groups Register" and "Organic Groups UI"
- To create a basic "Group" create a new content type by navigating to Structure -> Content Types -> Add Content Type
- Name should be set to your group name. For purposes of clarity this will be named "Group" but can be named anything. Examples: "Country", "Events", "Family", etc. This is the actual Group that will contain your content and/or allow people to join the group.
- Description should explain what the group will be, its purpose, or other details that people creating the group will see.
- Click on Group Tab and set "Group" radio selector to "Group Type". "Group Content" radio selector should remain "Not a Group content type" unless you want the Group to be able to be a sub group of another group
- All other options can be configured as you would like. But will apply to the Group and not the content placed within the group.
- Save Content Type.
A user will be able to Add Content named "Group" through Adding Content Type if they have the appropriate Permissions.
Specify Content Types to be added to Group
All Content Types that are to be added to groups must be specified as "Group Content Type". Any Content Type can be assigned as a "Group Content Type".
- Edit Content Type: Structure -> Content Types -> Add Content Type
- For purposes of clarity the Name of the Content Type will be "Group Content Type". Examples of Content Types Maybe: "State", "Provence", or "Event".
- Under tab "Group", the "Group" radio button should remain "Not a group type", and the "Group Content" should be "Group Content Type".
- Modify other settings as you wish and Save Content Type.
A user will be able to Add Content of "Group Content Type" if they have the appropriate Permissions.
More to Come. Temporary Save!