Posted by pwolanin on
Janusman has more notes on this, so I hope he'll add to it.
We had a BoF and many discussion at Drupalcon, here's the take away:
- Abandon any attempt to keep the schema in sync with 6.x-1.x and remove most or all node-specific fields. Mostly done at
- get some Views integration asap (volunteers?)
- support multiple sorts
- Move filter URL params from ?filters= to multiple ?f= params
- Improve UI w.r.t. settings per server
- Make it possible to export/import server settings.
- Once 7.x-1.x is stabilized, mark 6.x-2.x as unsupported and forward/back port as appropriate to create a 6.x-3.x branch with a schema in sync with 7.x as a basis for mixed 6.x/7.x multisite search.
- ideally, remove all facet block code and add integration with Facet API module