Voting starts in March for the Drupal Association Board election.
I see many fail installations on jQuery UI, after help several users then I think it's time to write detail instruction based on my experiences:
Installation Procedure for jQuery UI 1.7.3 Basic and Custom version
- First, you must aware that there're 2 types of jQuery UI library!
a. jquery-ui-1.7.3.zip: from http://code.google.com/p/jquery-ui/downloads/list
b. jquery-ui-1.7.3.custom.zip: from http://jqueryui.com/download
What is the differect between them?
jquery-ui-1.7.3.zip: is the basic version, no additional theme
jquery-ui-1.7.3.custom.zip: is a custom version, you must choose which components and additional theme. After click Download then a custom jquery created for you. REMEMBER that in this "custom" build there is a new folder called "development-bundle"
- Now, we need to install jQuery Update 6.x-2.0-alpha1 first! Why? Because jQuery UI 1.7.3 needs jQuery 1.3.2. Download from here: http://ftp.drupal.org/files/projects/jquery_update-6.x-2.0-alpha1.tar.gz
- Install jQuery UI 6.x-1.4 from here http://ftp.drupal.org/files/projects/jquery_ui-6.x-1.4.tar.gz
- jquery-ui-1.7.3.zip: if you decide to use jQuery UI basic version then upload jquery-ui-1.7.3.zip to /sites/all/modules/jquery_ui, after extract this file you will have jquery-ui-1.7.3 folder, you must rename to jquery.ui, so your folder become: /sites/all/modules/jquery_ui/jquery.ui
Remember: jquery dot ui (jquery.ui) not jquery_ui !
- jquery-ui-1.7.3.custom.zip: if you decide to use jQuery UI custom version then upload jquery-ui-1.7.3.custom.zip to /sites/all/modules/jquery_ui, after extract this file you will have jquery-ui-1.7.3 folder also, you must rename to jquery.ui also, so your folder become: /sites/all/modules/jquery_ui/jquery.ui
BUT .... you need additional step: open "development-bundle" folder and move all contents of /sites/all/modules/jquery_ui/jquery.ui/development-bundle to /sites/all/modules/jquery_ui/jquery.ui, you then may delete this empty development-bundle folder
ATTENTION! If your previous installation fail then you must click:
* Site Configuration - Performance -Clear cached data