Hello all,

I've been working with the Danland template/theme for a few days now and really like it so far. The only issue that I've had are with Internet Explorer 9 and it not wanting to display the page correctly. All other browsers work fine.

Site Name: http://www.evarsys.com

Any support suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.


ie9beta_drupal_theme_issue.jpg489.55 KBDrupal Designs 1
Members fund testing for the Drupal project. Drupal Association Learn more


Drupal Designs 1’s picture

Assigned: Drupal Designs 1 » Unassigned
Drupal Designs 1’s picture

Component: Miscellaneous » Code
mashizhao’s picture

I have the same problem, that looks exactly the same. Please help, thank you

danpros’s picture


Not noticed this before, can you clearing the cache please.. and report to me what you get.


mashizhao’s picture

I actually fixed my problem by optimizing CSS and Javascript in performance. Thanks.

danpros’s picture

@mashizhao: thank you for let me know about the fixed :)

Little weird since its okay in previous version of IE. I will keep this open, so other users that found similar issues can read this thread.


hate90’s picture

HEllo, im also having a very odd problem with the IE9, my website is not showing at all, only the background, i have optimized the css and the javascript but still no luck, any clues guys

thank you


attilahooper’s picture

had rendering issues w IE 9.0.8. Page looked like it had no theme. Optimize css and cache worked.

jerdiggity’s picture

Just thought I'd throw some info out there in case anyone is wondering why this happens while using such fine software as IE:

  • IE will only recognize the first 31 stylesheets it's given. i.e. IE will not read the 32nd stylesheet sent to it.
  • IE will only recognize the first 4095 CSS rules it sees. i.e. the 4096th rule and beyond will be ignored by IE.
  • IE also has restrictions on @import rules set by CSS files. Please see this link for more info: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/262161.

On the subject of IE9, sometimes you might encounter a page that does render properly in IE7 or IE8, but not in IE9. A simple solution this particular IE problem (one of many) is to send a header by which IE can be told to render the page in backwards-compatibility mode. I didn't see a module that would do something like this so I just wrote a quick one myself, as does follow:
Note: I called the module IE8 because that's the version that rendered properly for me. If IE7 gives you better results, simply replace every instance of the number 8 (below) to a 7.

  • Inside sites/all/modules, create a folder called ie8, inside of which you'll need to create two files: ie8.info and ie8.module.
  • For Drupal 7, place this inside the ie8.info file (do the same for Drupal 6, but change core = 7.x to core = 6.x)
    • name = IE8
      description = Sends X-UA-Compatible IE8 headers for IE.
      core = 7.x
  • For Drupal 7, place this inside the ie8.module file:
    • <?php
      function ie8_init() {
        $name = 'X-UA-Compatible';
        $val = 'IE=8';
        drupal_add_http_header($name, $val);
  • ... or for Drupal 6, place this inside the ie8.module file:
    • <?php
      function ie8_init() {
        $ie8 = 'X-UA-Compatible: IE=8';
  • Enable said module.

Hope that helps... :)

comwebd’s picture

Jerdiggity, thanks for the great info regarding IE and it's stylesheet processing. Solved an issue I was dealing with for the last few weeks!

taquil’s picture

So glad this was posted. I've been working with a Danland site for weeks now, but my desktop OS is XP, so I couldn't look at it with IE9. When I finally did, there were a couple oddities, like almost everything on the homepage below the logo being shifted up about 20px, so bottom of the logo covered the top half of the main menubar. And a couple other things were not vertically positioned properly. But jerdiggity's "module" cleared it right up.