Make something amazing, for anyone, at DrupalCon. Standard prices end on August 26.
- The messages cannot be personalized based on the recipient data. You cannot insert formulas like "Dear [first-name] [last-name]" or "Your account balance is $[amount]".
- It doesn't accept other kind of data as recipient list. Subscriptions are basically stored as a list of E-mail addresses in a specific table. For example you cannot use nodes as recipient list.
- While subscribers list is a simple E-mail addresses list, you cannot perform advanced filtering on recipients data in order to target very fine subsets of subscribers.
Here comes Views Send!
- Use any kind of recipient list as input. The only constrain is that the list must be built with Views.
- Build very fine tuned lists of recipients using the power and flexibility of Views module. As long as is based on Views, you can take advantage of using Exposed Filters in order to increase the user experience when building the mass mailing target.
- Manually limit the list provided by Views using checkboxes provided by Views Bulk Operations (VBO).
- Select additional fields in Views and inject their values in the message body or subject as tokens. Each message for each recipient is now fully customizable by using recipient data or context tokens provided by Token module.
- Last but not least... Better spooling philosophy: Each message is fully renderized before spooling. Simplenews keeps only the nid and renders on spool process. What if node was deleted in the meantime?