Drupal Association members fund grants that make connections all over the world.
I’m new to Drupal and have recently installed Drupal 7 rc4 and the Organic Groups (OG) module. However, I can’t seem to be able to configure permissions and roles to facilitate our access control specifications. I appreciate your help in providing me with a guideline to enable me to satisfy the following access control specifications. Access control should be implemented for a knowledgebase system that facilitates collaborative knowledge management and research in a particular medical domain.
1. We need to create groups that represent entities with knowledge and expertise in the particular medical domain
2. Every group has a “coordinator” that can add members to the group
3. Group members can submit patient cases to the knowledgebase as content for the corresponding group
4. Patient personal information such as name, address,etc are only visible to the member that submitted the case to the
group; other group members can only access clinical information for the patient case
5. Only members of the group can view the group contents
6. Contents loaded/added to a group cannot be viewed by members of other groups
7. Members can only add content to the group/s of which they are a member
8. Specific content in a group may need to be visible only to some members of the group
9. Roles assigned to members of a group should be restricted to only that group unless the group coordinator specifically
assigns that role to the user in another group.
I tried configuring these access requirements through the Group tab for every group but the Roles and Permissions are read-only. Not sure if this is a bug or a feature. If this is a feature, then how can Roles and Permissions be configured for every group?
Also, tried installing the content access and acl modules, which provides an "Access Control" configuration tab for both the Group content type and for every group created. However, this tab doesn't work for Group level configuration; i.e. I get the following error when I click on the "Access Control" tab for every group. I have tried disabling the overlay module, but that also results in an http 500 error.
Webpage error details
User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E)
Timestamp: Wed, 9 Feb 2011 01:45:07 UTC
Message: Permission denied
Your help is very much appreciated. I also looked at using OG User Roles (OGUR) ; however, this module isn’t available for Drupal 7.