I've been using the Domain module for a couple of days and everything works except translations.
In every view I get all the languages of my content. First the one I should see, then I see it again (same language) and the translation.

I've got 2 languages set up. And I've enabled the setting "Restrict node views for administrators"

It works if I create a view for those pages but that seems like a lot of overhead for something that should work out of the box.
Am I missing a configuration option?

It happens on term pages and pages ( per site in my case)

#6 locale-wtf.png96.62 KBagentrickard


agentrickard’s picture

Category: bug » support

There isn't much information here.

1) Are you _really_ using 7.x.3-dev? If not, what version are you using?

2) Is your View filter set correctly?

3) How are you handling language-switching?

4) What domain-specific language settings do you have?

agentrickard’s picture

Status: Active » Postponed (maintainer needs more info)
agentrickard’s picture

This seems to be a core problem (or end-user confusion?). The home page, for instance, doesn't filter the listing query by language at all.

agentrickard’s picture

Title: Translation does not seem to work well » Nodes for all languages are shown on home page

Better title.

jonaswouters’s picture

Project: Domain Access » Drupal core
Version: 7.x-3.x-dev » 7.0
Component: User interface » translation.module
Category: support » bug
Priority: Normal » Critical
Status: Postponed (maintainer needs more info) » Active
Issue tags: +content translation

Tested in clean drupal install with translation/locale module enabled.
Language detection via path. Also tried session, nothing (default EN) but still won't filter.

All the translations of the nodes show up on the front page and the taxonomy pages (listing nodes in that taxonomy).
There seems to be no node filtering on language.

Switching languages does not change anything.

agentrickard’s picture

96.62 KB

Here's an illustration of the behavior. On the French site, I would expect that the English node would not appear.

The query, however, is the same for both languages, with no language filter applied.

droplet’s picture

Priority: Critical » Normal

new drupal user ??
because Drupal 6 working in same way & I do not see any D7 issue about new change to this part.. so I guess it work as design.

language swither block is only switch interface text:
Language switcher (User interface text)

I changed priority to lower but still keep open first. (it can close as work as designed)

Damien Tournoud’s picture

Title: Nodes for all languages are shown on home page » Filter node listings by language in a sane way
Version: 7.0 » 8.x-dev
Category: bug » feature

Definitely by design for D6-7. That something we can discuss implementing in D8.

jonaswouters’s picture

@droplet: I do like how you handled that "new drupal user ??". You make users feel welcome to the community.
I'm a first time translate module user yes...

If this issue is 'by design' it should mention that in the help of that module. It is not mentioned there and not mentioned in the documentation on this site (http://drupal.org/documentation/modules/translation)
Looking at the comments there this behavior is causing confusion and should be cleared out.

agentrickard’s picture

For the record, I've been around since 4.5 and found this behavior a total WTF. We _really_ don't filter posts by the active language?

Looks like i18n provides this feature. http://drupal.org/project/i18n

http://drupal.org/project/active_translation provides a good description of the issue.

porg’s picture

I have been using Drupal 6, and now tried Drupal 7.

The described issue and other similar issues clearly indicate that out-of-the-box, Drupal 7 is still very un-useable as a multilingual site, and still requires the addition of contributed modules, and a lot of configuration efforts, until it finally works... Sad!

Version: 8.0.x-dev » 8.1.x-dev

Drupal 8.0.6 was released on April 6 and is the final bugfix release for the Drupal 8.0.x series. Drupal 8.0.x will not receive any further development aside from security fixes. Drupal 8.1.0-rc1 is now available and sites should prepare to update to 8.1.0.

Bug reports should be targeted against the 8.1.x-dev branch from now on, and new development or disruptive changes should be targeted against the 8.2.x-dev branch. For more information see the Drupal 8 minor version schedule and the Allowed changes during the Drupal 8 release cycle.