Is it time to take your website to new levels? There are thousands of Drupal add-on modules available to meet the needs of almost every website. If you can't find a module that meets your exact requirements you can customize existing modules, or you can build your own modules and contribute them to the project for others to use.
Modules can help you:
- Administer your site
- Build your community
- Support an event
- More easily manage files including multimedia
- eCommerce enable your site
This page assumes you have already successfully installed Drupal. If you want to know how to download and install Drupal and set up your local environment, check out the installation guide.
A module is a collection of functions that link into Drupal, providing additional functionality for your Drupal Installation.
Creating a module
Okay, you've read all about modules, understand the basic requirements, and want to create a module...let's get started.
Contributing a module
Anyone with a Drupal.org account can contribute a module after completing some basic steps.
Maintaining your module
Maintaining a project on Drupal.org means more than just uploading your code. This section of the documentation covers best practices for being a successful maintainer of a contributed module.
If you are already maintaining a project and would like to collaborate with other members of the community, you could team up with a co-maintainer.
Upgrading your module to Drupal 8
Drupal 8 is coming soon. The following resources will help you decide when and how to upgrade custom and contributed modules.
Here are a few different ways to find the module that meets your needs.
Additional Resource Guides and Informational Pages
Here are some links to more Resource Guides and Informational Pages.
- Site Building with Drupal
- Theming and Front End Development with Drupal
- Resource Guide: Managing Media in Drupal
- Resource Guide: Building an eCommerce Website
- Resource Guide: Configuring a Multilingual Site
- Resource Guide: Tools for Content Administration in Drupal
- Resource Guide: Launching a Government Website
- Resource Guide: Marketing Automation and CRM in Drupal
- Resource Guide: Drupal for Educational Institutions
- Resource Guide: Drupal for Nonprofit Websites
- Resource Guide: Drupal for Membership Websites
- Resource Guide: Social Media and Drupal
Do you have a suggestion for improving this informational page?
Suggestions for improving and editing this informational page are encouraged and welcome. Please send an email with your comments and recommendations for review. Thank you.