I just attempted an upgrade to Drupal 7, and am having issues trying to login.

Here is the page, which is stuck in maintenance mode:

davekahler.com

If you go to the login page:

davekahler.com/user

You can enter anything you want, and it doesn't respond to it. Just returns you to the login page. It does this even for valid accounts. What can I do to trace what is going on here?

Comments

shadowmihai’s picture

I have the same problem as dakahler...

Put RC3 in maintenance mode, logged out...
updated with RC4
going to site.com/user returns a "500 internal Server Error"

Where do I log in?

shadowmihai’s picture

This seems to be a .htaccess problem. Your root directory probably doesn't have that file there. Put it there and the problem is solved. Meantime, you can probably log in at: /?q=user
instead of /user

Dr. DOT’s picture

I have a .htaccess file on my server for d7, but ?q=user does not work for me either.

dinkydodouk’s picture

I'm having exactly he same problem except I didn't update my site. Just one morning it decided to stop working and come up with the same error as these guys. Try: http://www.debtadvicewales.co.uk/user. Try any login and it doesn't even come up with an error.

patrickavella’s picture

Has there been a solution?

I've tried flushing the cache, I've verified the htaccess file is okay, but still the same.

I have two copies, one on a remote server and one local copy. The remote server is fine, but the local copy (an exact replica, no changes) refuses to let anyone log in.

patrickavella’s picture

For anyone trying to solve this, I found a temporary solution that exposes some sort of strange URL rewrite bug.

If you go to mysite.com/?q=user (as opposed to the "clean" /user) it will log you in correctly.

What's troubling is that clean URLs are all still working properly, it's only the login that seems to be having a difficult time, and I'm not quite sure why.

Edit: Actually, no forms are working for me unless they use the 'non rewritten' query url. Will update this post if I figure out what's going on.

Edit 2: Pretty silly mistake. If mod-rewrite isn't enabled in apache2, this is the behavior you'll get. I hope this helps other people troubleshoot this weird error when moving their sites to different servers.

Gravedig’s picture

Hi ,

This might not be useful to many, but I had a URL mask on my site. When I used the original login details it works perfectly. I don't know what this could be doing but maybe this is the root of the problem?

alkaseram’s picture

For me the problem was that the mod_rewrite was not enabled as suggested by patrickavella

rommelxcastro’s picture

i'm having this problem, anybody found a solution?

dustinvz’s picture

Same Issue

sanjaygupta1011’s picture

This is a session related issue. Seems sessions table is corrupted. You can use following command on database and it will be resolved.

repair table sessions;

Let me know if this worked!!!

DarKFlameS’s picture

I've had the same problem. It worked for me. Thanks.

Celebnetworth’s picture

That command work perfect for me, thanks Sanjaygupta1011.
:)

Druper’s picture

I have copied a working D7 site from a development domain on a remote linux server to a production domain.

The production site seems to operate just fine for an anonymous user but I can't log in to the production version. I have tried resetting password via php, page reported success (https://www.drupal.org/node/1556488) and via command line (https://www.drupal.org/node/1556488) (Got permission denied on that one).

Request new password sends reset link and link brings up the reset page but hitting the login button returns "Access Denied".

I have tried clearing the flood and sessions tables but still get same response.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Druper’s picture

Modified settings.php to comment out $cookie_domain = '.mysite.org'. The production environment is only available through an IP/~username so the coockie was probably not getting set properly.

indiatour’s picture

I tried it to my " http://india-tour.ir " website .
how can you do it ?!
now follow this comment :
Modified settings.php to comment out $cookie_domain = '.mysite.org'