I've been diligently following along the great video on upgrading Drupal from Lullabot, and have come across a snag. I successfully backed up the database files (deliciously easy.) However, I'm having problems with the next step of backing up my Drupal 4.7 files.

As the video instructs, I open up a command line and use the "cd" command to get to the folder "directly above" my Drupal folder, that being

C:\apache2triad\htdocs

This works. I'm then told to us the "ls" command to "see the contents of this folder." I'm told by my computer the following:

'ls' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program, or batch file.

What do I do to get 'ls' to work so I can see the contents of the folder and then use the 'tar' command to create a backup?

Thanks for all your help, folks, as always!

Comments

Ray Seaman’s picture

FYI, I'm upgrading from 4.7 to 5.1.

drupalnesia’s picture

Hi, "ls" standfor list and this is Linux command. Since you use Windows, then use "dir" to replace "ls".

Ray Seaman’s picture

Not sure if you can answer this (anyone who knows certainly can.) If you just make a backup of the database, do you need to make a back up of the Drupal files? Are they one in the same? Or do you have to do one (backup the SQL database) and then the other (Drupal files)? Thanks.

drupalnesia’s picture

Drupal DB uses to store any Drupal inputs and variables. And Drupal files store:
- setting.php
- any uploading files in files/
- any additional modules and themes in sites/all/

then, you better do backup for DB and Files of Drupal.