1 moment my Arabic installed in the site with the default English already installed is working Great! Then all of a sudden I am seeing symbols for the Arabic. and in the English text I see symbols too. I reinstalled Arabic 100 times, but nothing.

I think it may be because mysql got updated -- When I look into my FTP i see 4 files: database.4.0.mysql database.4.1.mysql database.pgsql and updates.inc

Now I don't know which version I have because there are a several files so I am not sure which is which. BUT WHAT MUST BE DONE TO HAVE THE ARABIC THERE? Do I earse 4.1 and keep 4.0 file or what?

the site is: www.biblicalmission.com You see how there are symbols in the English and on the top right when you click on Arabic its all symbols!!!!!!

But when I click on Administrator I see the Arabic correctly but I don't in the pages and stories.

Whats wrong? Please help A.S.A.P

Thanks

Comments

טל@drupal.org.il’s picture

please have a look in your mySql tables, to see if the content stored was left intact. if there is arabic on the database, you've got a script problem.

otherwise, the information itself isn't lost. probably. i know it seems like this is just a unicode gibberish, but each character stands for a letter, so it's simply a matter of search&replace. probably.

Drupal8472’s picture

I am sorry, What do you mean by mySql tables? Where can I locate it.

Which file in the FTP would I need to open and fix the coding?

Thanks for your help.

טל@drupal.org.il’s picture

mySQL is the database which holds all your drupal data and information.
a database has tables in it, which are made of records. each record can hold various fields of information - for example - a record can be a node, that holds various fields like: subject, content etc.
now - it's a very simplistic explanation,
but the general idea is to check what sort of data drupal holds.

your web hosting provider probably offers some sort of a web panel to administer your database - such as "phpMyAdmin".
1. where is your site hosted?
2. check your host's web panel, or contact support for a mySQL manager (phpMyAdmin maybe?)

we'll continue from there :)

Drupal8472’s picture

It is hosted from Yahoo.

I am lost. I am one of the admins of the site with ultimate privileges including FTP and all.

How can I contact a mySql admin?

Is it possible to give a drupal admin to the site and he/she can fix it for me?