Please help me,

How do i import my own .po language and apply it to my site.

Thanks

Comments

mohammed76’s picture

hi.

you need to go to administer / modules and enable the locale.module. then go to administer / site configuration / localization then click import. browse to your .po file, set the language to import the .po file into, and click go. then in the next screen enable the newly added language.

hope this helps.

Mohammed al-shar'

Nattiq Technologies

Mohammed al-shar'

The Explorer

jonsimon’s picture

I have tried for a week to upload the fr.po file for French translation of Drupal 5. I keep getting a time out after about 15 minutes. I have read elsewhere that I may have to change my php.ini file. Is that correct?

If so, where is the php.ini file located?

Jon Simon
http://petiteligue.com

mohammed76’s picture

hi.

that is true. sometimes your php memory limit is too low. so you need to fix that. the location of your php.ini file depends on what type of host you have. I am afraid on most shared accounts you won't be able to change this.

Mohammed al-shar'

Nattiq Technologies

Mohammed al-shar'

The Explorer

dimitryous’s picture

I succed to import my language file.

But really don't know what to to with that. I want the user to choose (English/French/German) at the top right corner of the screen.

I created a block "Languages". I put the block in "right sidebar" = ok

But don't know what code to put in in order to switch between the languages.
May be a node to be called by php?

something like echo "?nodewxyz";

A node to call or ...

Newbie in php, MySQL and Drupal

mohammed76’s picture

hi.

after you have enabled the new language, say french, you have to download and install one of the 2 contributed modules for multilingual sites:

each of the above has its ups and downs. drupal will have native multilingual support in the coming version. it's now in the head version of drupal 6.x dev

Mohammed al-shar'

Nattiq Technologies

Mohammed al-shar'

The Explorer

dimitryous’s picture

Hi all.

Did all the required stuff but get

warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge.html]: Argument #2 is not an array in /Library/WebServer/Documents/drupal-4.7.6/includes/theme.inc on line 252.
warning: array_merge() [function.array-merge.html]: Argument #1 is not an array in /Library/WebServer/Documents/drupal-4.7.6/includes/theme.inc on line 255.

Logo at top left disappeared.

When I change (in settings.php)
$conf['i18n_languages'] = array( "en" => "english", "fr" => "français");
to
$conf['i18n_languages'] = array( "fr" => "français", "en" => "english");
it seems to work.
But nowhere a pop-menus to switch languages
Where is my error?
TIA

Newbie in php, MySQL and Drupal