Upgrading site from D7 to D8. No custom modules. This is my base libraries.yml file.

global-assets:
  version: VERSION
  css:
    theme:
      css/cheslalitportal.css: {}
      css/icomoon.css: {}
      css/cheslacustom.css: {}
  js:
    js/main.js
  dependencies:
   - core/jquery

When everything is enabled

• The first page, which has multiple horizontal sliders, displays everything down the page, not across
  • The next page I go to includes the following error message but only the first time I go to either the 2nd or 3rd page. Afterwards the pages do not show this (but the front page never fixes)
  • Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in Drupal\Core\Asset\LibraryDiscoveryParser->buildByExtension() (line 161 of core/lib/Drupal/Core/Asset/LibraryDiscoveryParser.php).
  • Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in Drupal\Core\Asset\AssetResolver->getJsAssets() (line 253 of core/lib/Drupal/Core/Asset/AssetResolver.php).

When I comment out only the jQuery line: then 

• The first page displays horizontally like it is supposed to (only when not logged in)
  • The second page I go to will display the error message (above) once

When both are commented out

• The first page displays horizontally like it is supposed to (only when not logged in)
  • The error message(s) don't display at any tome

So the theme is not working right and I'm not sure where to even look. 

Comments

hometoy’s picture

I see that jquery is commented out in the PROD version of the site, so I don't think I am going to need it.

That leaves the JavaScript portion which throws the quoted error message.  I'm going to have to see if this error message appears on the first page navigated to after the Index page, or is this something in the other 2 pages and not the Home page so that gives me something to look towards.

ben_smith’s picture

A number of modules and themes cannot run the application without a third-party